This information was updated on 15th April 2021.
Updates to COVID-19 Protection Measures
Valley Plastic Surgery have further refined and updated our safety measures as the pandemic continues to evolve. These are our latest updates as from 15th April 2021:
- We will continue our stringent measures in the clinic, always ensuring patient and staff safety.
- Masks are no longer required to be worn whilst attending the clinic, however we suggest you carry one with you at all times.
- Please practice social distancing measures throughout the clinic.
- A support person may attend your appointment with you, if required.
- Please use the hand washing stations and ensure social distancing when the clinic.
- Face-to-face appointment will continue as booked. We will also continue to offer tele-health appointments for patients provided it is clinically appropriate.
We would like to thank those who have advised us when they were unwell. In these circumstances, we are able to arrange either a tele-health appointment or a new prioritised appointment date when the patient returns to being symptom free.
These measures are in line with the most recent advice from QLD Health and are aimed at reducing the spread and protecting both you and our staff.
Queensland border restrictions, declared hotspots and how this will impact your appointments or surgery:
Further information regarding travel to Queensland and the current restrictions can be found at:
- Queensland Health – Border Restrictions
- Queensland Health – Declared Hotspots
- Or by calling 1800 020 080
We are currently offering face-to-face consultations and have robust protocols in place to ensure the safety of our patients and team.
Please do not enter or attend our clinic if you have ANY of the following symptoms:
- Respiratory symptoms such as a cough or shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Loss of smell or taste
- Runny nose
- Diarrhoea, vomiting or nausea
We ask that you refrain from entering or attending the clinic if you have:
- Been in a designated COVID hotspot within the last 14 days. Anyone returning from these COVID hotspots may be required to undergo quarantine in a hotel at their own expense for a minimum of 14 days. Please see a current list of hotspots here:
- Recently travelled (including transit) through a country considered to pose a risk of coronavirus transmission. There is a 14-day government-issued compulsory, self-isolation policy that has been enforced as of midnight 16th March 2020.
- Had close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with coronavirus.
Telehealth appointments are still available with all of our surgeons. Please notify VPS staff if you would prefer a tele-health consultation.
When attending your appointment at our rooms, you will notice the following:
- availability of hand sanitiser for all patients upon arrival and during their time on-site,
- spacing of in-person appointments to minimise the number of people within the clinic at any one time,
- social distancing measures throughout common areas,
- regular wipe-downs of common touch-points (in addition to our usual high frequency cleans within the practice),
- and appropriate protective equipment for our clinical staff where applicable.
If you are required to attend the clinic for your appointment, we ask that you:
- arrive at the time of your appointment,
- maintain the appropriate social distance from staff and other patients,
For further information please refer to the Department of Health website HERE:
We appreciate your compliance with the above requests and thank you for your understanding.